The 61-year-old who performs a balancing act with his BMX on cliff edges

|

Expertly balanced 300ft up a rock face, Khiv Raj Gurjar is the world's finest exponent of Extreme Yoga.

Using only a BMX bike for support, 61-year-old Khiv takes the ancient art of meditation to new levels as he performs complex forms of yoga merely inches from the sheer drop. Travelling to the top of the rocky outcrop near to his home of Jodhpur in the Indian state of Rajasthan, Khiv begins his exercises at dawn, so as to avoid the raging desert heat.


Yoga master: Khiv Raj Gurjar thinks nothing of executing a few complex poses atop a rocky outcrop at dawn each morning

Balancing Act: The 61-year-old has studied yoga since the age of 13.

A student of yoga since the age of 13 and a keen sportsman, Khiv has combined his other great love, cycling, to create his new and extreme form. 'From my childhood I was passionate to do things which are extraordinary and look very dangerous,' says Khiv.

'I tried magic, learned acrobatics, yoga, did cycling, played football. 'As I grew into my twenties I found combining yoga and cycling stunts would be something very unconventional, but also deeply challenging. ' Presently able to perform up to 36 individual yoga poses on his bike, adventure enthusiast Khiv does his yoga exercises for one hour every day.

'I practice and exercise every day of the year,' explains the yoga master. 'This is enough time for me as I have been doing this since my childhood and I am very good at it.' 

Khiv feels that his yoga, which takes him up clock towers in crowded bazaars and to the top of ancient forts is not only soul enriching, but exciting too.

0 comments:

 

©2009 Trips World | Humor | News | World's Best | Richest Prince | Template Blue by TNB